Inqilab Moncho
Interim Govt backs up police account of action on Inqilab Moncho march
The interim government on Thursday said that law enforcement agencies did not fire any shots during the protest march organised by Inqilab Moncho near the state guest house Jamuna, demanding justice for the killing of Shaheed Sharif Osman Hadi.
In a statement issued by the Chief Adviser’s Press Wing, the government said that despite a ban on all forms of protests, rallies and gatherings in and around Jamuna and adjacent areas, law enforcers initially did not use any force against the protesters who began their march on Friday afternoon.
The statement said the situation escalated when protesters broke through police barricades and attempted to advance towards Jamuna. At one stage, some protesters climbed onto a water cannon, prompting law enforcement agencies to intervene to bring the situation under control. To disperse the crowd, sound grenades and water cannons were used. The government firmly stated that no bullets were fired at any point during the incident.
It said that the restrictions around Jamuna have been imposed to maintain public order and ensure the security of the Chief Adviser. In this context, police acted in a lawful and procedural manner to disperse the protesters.
The Dhaka Metropolitan Police also confirmed that no lethal weapons were used during the operation.
Nearly 40 injured as security forces crackdown on Inqilab Moncho march towards Jamuna
According to information received from doctors on duty at the emergency department of Dhaka Medical College Hospital, a total of 23 people, including Inqilab Moncho Member Secretary Abdullah Al Jaber, received medical treatment following the incident. However, doctors confirmed that none of the injured had sustained gunshot wounds.
The government reiterated its firm commitment to ensuring justice for the killing of Shaheed Sharif Osman Hadi. It said the legal aspects of conducting an investigation under the United Nations are being reviewed thoroughly and an official letter will be sent to the relevant UN body on Sunday, February 8, 2026.
Rejecting allegations of excessive use of force against protesters, the government urged all concerned to exercise patience, restraint and responsibility during this sensitive political period ahead of the upcoming election.
It also called upon citizens to cooperate in ensuring a peaceful, fair, inclusive and credible election, describing the forthcoming polls as a historic milestone in the country’s democratic journey.
15 days ago
Shahbagh blocked over police action on Inqilab Moncho activists
Leaders and activists of Inqilab Moncho on Friday evening blocked Shahbagh to protest police action against their movement earlier in the afternoon.
They gathered at Shahbagh’s Hadi Chattar around 6pm and chanted various slogans.
As a result, traffic movement in the area came to a halt, creating tailbacks on the roads.
Only the road in front of the National Museum remained open to traffic.
Around 6pm, 11-party alliance candidate for Dhaka-8 Nasiruddin Patwary and Mohiuddin Rony, an independent candidate for Dhaka-18, joined the protest.
Nearly forty leaders and activists of Inqilab Moncho were injured in the clash with police near Hotel InterContinental in Dhaka on Friday as they were marching towards Jamuna, the Chief Adviser’s residence.
Abdullah Al Jaber, Member Secretary of Inqilab Moncho, and Rajshahi University Central Students' Union (RUCSU) General Secretary Salahuddin Ammar were among the injured, said Inspector Md Faruk, in-charge of the DMCH hospital police outpost.
Nearly 40 injured as security forces crackdown on Inqilab Moncho march towards Jamuna
The other injured included Jhuma, Monir, Faisal, Joy, Julkar, Mosharraf, Niloy, Anik, Omar, Rahat, Rasel, Ahad, Mahin, Azad, Shamim, Sohel, Shawon, Shamim, Sabbir, Zisan, Mojid, Yusuf, Rifat and Emon.
In addition, the identities of seven more people remain unknown as more injured individuals are still arriving at the hospital.
15 days ago
Inqilab Moncho stages sit-in outside Jamuna, demands UN-led probe into Hadi killing
Inqilab Moncho on Thursday staged a sit-in outside the Chief Adviser’s official residence, Jamuna, demanding an impartial investigation under United Nations supervision into the killing of its spokesperson Sharif Osman Hadi.
The protest began around 5pm with Inqilab Mancha Member Secretary Abdullah Al Jaber, Fatima Tasnim Zuma, Hadi’s wife and a small number of activists participating in the programme.
Addressing the gathering, Abdullah Al Jaber said they had deliberately limited the number of protesters considering possible security concerns.
“We could have brought many more people if we wanted. We are waiting here with the wife of martyr Osman Hadi until we receive a clear assurance from the Chief Adviser. Without a full guarantee of justice, we will not withdraw from this sit-in,” he said.
Stating their specific demand, Jaber said the programme would continue until the government formally announces a neutral investigation into Hadi’s killing under UN supervision.
Zuma said Inqilab Moncho, along with Hadi’s wife, had taken position in front of Jamuna to press for the UN-monitored probe.
She alleged that while the platform has cooperated with the government, administration and political parties, it has not received similar cooperation in return.
Later in the evening, the Jamaat-backed 11-party alliance candidate for Dhaka-8 constituency Nasiruddin Patwary visited the site and expressed solidarity with Inqilab Moncho.
Hadi was also expected to contest the election from the same constituency.
Hadi was shot by assailants on December 12 at Box Culvert Road under Paltan Model Police Station in Dhaka, a day after the schedule for the 13th national parliamentary election and a referendum was announced.
He was initially taken to Dhaka Medical College Hospital, later to Evercare Hospital, and eventually flown to Singapore. Hadi died on the night of December 18 while undergoing treatment at Singapore General Hospital.
Following the incident, Jaber filed a case of attempted murder with Paltan Police Station on December 14, which was later converted into a murder case.
Hadi murder: Accused Rubel makes confessional statement
15 days ago
Inqilab Moncho leader stages sit-in outside CA’s residence demanding justice for Hadi
Abdullah Al Jaber, member secretary of Inqilab Moncho, on Thursday staged a sit-in in front of Jamuna, the residence of Chief Adviser Prof Muhammad Yunus, demanding justice for their leader Sharif Osman Bin Hadi.
The organisation shared the information on its official Facebook page on Thursday afternoon though it did not provide further details about the sit-in.
Sharif Osman Bin Hadi, spokesperson of the platform and a prospective candidate for the Dhaka-8 constituency, was shot in the head on December 12 while travelling in a rickshaw on Culvert Road in Puratan Paltan.
He was later airlifted to Singapore for advanced medical treatment where he succumbed to his injuries on the night of December 18.
Since the incident, Inqilab Moncho has been holding protests and demanding justice.
16 days ago
Inqilab Moncho stages protest demanding justice for Hadi
Inqilab Moncho on Friday staged a demonstration demanding justice for its slain spokesperson, Sharif Osman bin Hadi, with a large number of protesters in attendance.
The protesters organized a procession from the central mosque premises of Dhaka University after Jumma prayers. During the demonstration, they chanted slogans including: “We want justice,” Lal sobujer potakay, Hadi tomay dekha jay, Amra sobai Hadi hobo, Juge juge lore jabo, Tumi ke, Ami ke, Hadi, Hadi, and Delhi na Dhaka, Dhaka, Dhaka.
Earlier, on Thursday, a Dhaka court directed the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) to carry out further investigation into Sharif Osman Hadi’s murder case.
Dhaka Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Jashita Islam passed the order after the complainant expressed dissatisfaction with the initial investigation and submitted a naraji petition (a no-confidence motion) against the charge sheet, requesting a further probe.
The court also ordered the submission of the investigation report by January 20, said Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Deputy Commissioner of Prosecution Miah Mohammad Ashis Bin Hasan.
Osman Hadi, who was also a prospective candidate for the Dhaka-8 constituency, was shot in the head on December 12 while traveling in a rickshaw on Culvert Road in Puratan Paltan.
He was later airlifted to Singapore for advanced treatment, where he succumbed to his injuries on the night of December 18.
1 month ago
Inqilab Moncho issues heads up on scams using their name and good impression
Seek assistance from your local administration to prevent any form of extortion or fraudulent activities carried out in the name of Inqilab Moncho, the platform said Monday night.
In a statement shared on its Facebook page and signed by Inqilab Moncho’s Member Secretary Abdullah Al Jaber, the platform clarified that it does not have any committees or delegations at the division, district, upazila, or union levels.
However, there are several committees of Inqilab Moncho at the university level. Universities and colleges where Inqilab Moncho currently has committees include: Dhaka University, Jagannath University, Chittagong University, Begum Rokeya University, Barishal University, Pabna University of Science and Technology, Sylhet Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Cumilla University and Dhaka College.
The platform has also been demanding justice for its slain spokesperson Sharif Osman Bin Hadi, who was shot by assailants on a motorcycle around 2:30pm on December 12 in the Box Culvert Road area of Paltan, sustaining bullet wounds to the head and below his right ear.
Earlier on Monday, a Dhaka court fixed January 15 for a hearing on the acceptance of charges submitted in the murder case of Osman Hadi.
1 month ago
Hadi Murder: Inqilab Moncho now raises four-point demand seeking justice
Inqilab Moncho on Sunday night announced a four-point demand seeking justice for its slain spokesperson Shaheed Sharif Osman Bin Hadi.
The demands were announced through a post on the organization’s official Facebook page.
The four-point demands are as follows:
All those involved in the killing—including the perpetrator, the planner, aides to the murder, those who assisted in the escape, and those who provided shelter—must be brought to justice within the next 24 days.
Work permits of all Indian nationals residing in Bangladesh must be cancelled.
If India refuses to repatriate the accused murderers who have taken refuge there, a case should be filed against India at the International Court of Justice.
Fascist elements allegedly hiding within the Civil Military Intelligence must be identified, arrested, and brought to justice.
In a separate Facebook post, Inqilab Moncho also called upon students and public to participate in a blockade scheduled for Monday at 2pm in the capital's Shahbagh, now renamed Hadi Square in memory of the slain spokesperson.
1 month ago
Inqilab Moncho shifts blockade from Shahbagh ahead of Tarique’s visit
Inqilab Moncho on Saturday (December 27, 2025) moved its blockade from Shahbagh to in front of Aziz Super Market ahead of the arrival of BNP Acting Chairman Tarique Rahman.
The platform withdrew blockade from Shahbagh around 8:30am and took position near Aziz Super Market.
In a post in its official Facebook page, Inqilab Moncho said it cleared the Shahbagh area to facilitate Tarique Rahman’s movement.
Inquilab Moncho continues sit-in at Shahbagh demanding justice for Hadi
It said it will return to Shahbagh after Tarique Rahman visits the grave of Sharif Osman Hadi, the platform’s spokesperson who died in a Singapore hospital after being shot in Dhaka.
As part of a pre-announced programme, Inqilab Moncho staged an overnight sit-in at Shahbagh from Friday night.
Inqilab Moncho urges people to come to Shahbagh for Hadi’s justice
1 month ago
Inqilab Moncho stages protests demanding justice for Hadi
Inqilab Moncho on Friday staged demonstration demanding justice for its slain spokespman Sharif Osman bin Hadi, with a huge number of protestors in attendance.
They brought out a procession from the central mosque premises of Dhaka University after Jumma prayers, led by Inqilab Moncho Member Secretary Abdullah Al Jaber.
During the demonstrations, the protesters chanted slogans such as “We want justice,” “Delhi na Dhaka, Dhaka, Dhaka,” and “Golami na Azadi, Azadi, Azadi.”
Similar protest rallies were held in different parts of the country, including Chhata Masjid in Cumilla Police Lines and Anderkilla Shahi Jame Mosque in Chattogram.
Osman Hadi, also a prospective candidate for the Dhaka-8 constituency, was shot in the head on December 12 while travelling in a rickshaw on Culvert Road in Puratan Paltan.
Later, he was airlifted to Singapore for advanced treatment, where he succumbed to his injuries on the night of December 18.
1 month ago
Osman Hadi no more
Sharif Osman bin Hadi, the fiery face of the July Uprising, convenor of Inqilab Moncho and a prospective candidate for the upcoming 13th national parliamentary election, is no more. He passed away on Thursday at 9:45 pm while receiving medical treatment in Singapore.
The Inqilab Moncho official Facebook page announced the news Thursday night, stating, “In the struggle against Indian hegemony, Allah has accepted the great revolutionary Osman Hadi as a martyr.”
Hadi was critically injured on December 12 when assailants opened fire on him while he was traveling in a rickshaw near the water tank in Bijoynagar, Dhaka. Two individuals on a motorcycle approached his rickshaw, and one of them shot him at close range before fleeing the scene.
He was initially taken to the emergency department of Dhaka Medical College Hospital and later transferred to Evercare Hospital for advanced ICU care.
2 months ago