Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor
Police search continues at Andrew’s former home after arrest
Police continued searching Royal Lodge for a second day on Friday as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was released under investigation following his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
More unmarked police vehicles were seen arriving at the Windsor property, which is Andrew’s former residence, as officers pressed on with their inquiry. Police searches linked to the case have already ended in Norfolk but are ongoing in Berkshire, according to authorities.
Andrew was arrested on Thursday and held for around 11 hours before being released under investigation. This means he faces no restrictions on his movement while police continue their inquiries. He was later photographed returning to the Sandringham estate.
The arrest, first reported by the BBC, followed an assessment by Thames Valley Police of a complaint alleging that Andrew shared confidential material with late US sex offender Jeffrey Epstein during his time as a UK trade envoy.
Police sources said the investigation is not limited to a small number of emails already reported in the media and could involve a wider review of documents. Buckingham Palace has said it will cooperate fully with the investigation.
Andrew has previously denied any wrongdoing in connection with Epstein. He has not responded to specific BBC questions related to millions of Epstein-related documents released earlier this year. He has not been charged.
King Charles III, who was not informed in advance of the arrest, said he learned of the development with deep concern and stressed that the law must take its course.
Political reaction followed swiftly. UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer said no one is above the law, while opposition figures called for the police to be allowed to complete their work without interference.
Legal experts said a release under investigation is the least restrictive option available to police and is used when inquiries are at an early stage and further evidence gathering is required. Investigators may still question Andrew again as the probe continues.
Despite losing several royal titles last year, Andrew remains eighth in line to the British throne. Any change to that status would require an act of Parliament and the agreement of other Commonwealth nations.
Police have not given a timeline for completing the investigation.
With inputs from BBC
1 day ago
US lawmakers urge Andrew to testify on Epstein case
US officials and the family of Virginia Giuffre have intensified calls for Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor to testify in the United States regarding his ties to convicted financier Jeffrey Epstein.
Democrat Congressman Ro Khanna told the BBC that the British Royal Family had “not been transparent,” while Congresswoman Teresa Leger Fernandez urged King Charles III to direct his brother to appear before the US Oversight Committee. King Charles, through Buckingham Palace, said the Royal Family is “ready to support” police investigations and expressed “profound concern” over allegations against Andrew.
Andrew, who reached an out-of-court settlement with Giuffre in 2022 without admitting liability, has denied any wrongdoing. Thames Valley Police said they are reviewing claims that the former prince shared confidential trade information with Epstein in 2010 and 2011.
The latest release of Epstein-related US Department of Justice files indicates multiple attempts by authorities to obtain Andrew’s cooperation have been unsuccessful. While he cannot be compelled by subpoena to travel to the US, international pressure is mounting, including calls from Giuffre’s brother and Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer.
Prince Andrew recently moved out of his Windsor home and is currently residing at Wood Farm on the Sandringham Estate. US lawmakers and advocates continue to demand full disclosure from him and the Royal Family, with calls for justice for Epstein’s victims.
With inputs from BBC
10 days ago
King voices deep concern as police review fresh claims against Andrew
Britain’s King Charles has expressed “profound concern” over new allegations linked to his brother Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor as police consider whether to open an investigation connected to the Jeffrey Epstein scandal.
In a statement issued on Monday, a Buckingham Palace spokesperson said the King has made clear, both in words and through unprecedented actions, his deep concern about allegations that continue to emerge regarding Andrew’s conduct. The Palace said that while the specific claims are for Andrew to address, it stands ready to support Thames Valley Police if approached, as would be expected.
Thames Valley Police confirmed it is assessing whether there are sufficient grounds to investigate a complaint lodged by the anti-monarchy group Republic. The group has reported Andrew for suspected misconduct in public office and an alleged breach of official secrets.
The police review follows the release of a large new batch of documents related to Epstein. Emails contained in the files appear to suggest that Andrew, during his time as a UK trade envoy, shared official reports and confidential information with Epstein.
According to the documents, Andrew is alleged to have forwarded official summaries of visits to Singapore, Hong Kong and Vietnam to Epstein on November 30, 2010, shortly after receiving them from his then special adviser. Separate emails also appear to reference confidential investment opportunities in Afghanistan that were shared with Epstein later that year.
Under official rules, trade envoys are required to maintain strict confidentiality over sensitive commercial, political and diplomatic information linked to their official duties.
The Buckingham Palace statement added that the King and Queen’s “thoughts and sympathies have been, and remain with, the victims of any and all forms of abuse”.
Earlier on Monday, while the King was carrying out engagements in Lancashire, a protester shouted a question about Andrew, which was met with disapproval from others in the crowd.
The Palace intervention followed an earlier statement from Kensington Palace, where a spokesperson for the Prince and Princess of Wales said they were “deeply concerned” by the latest Epstein-related revelations and that their thoughts remained with the victims.
Since the latest document release, pressure has intensified on Andrew, with renewed claims about his past links to Epstein. The disclosures have also caused embarrassment for his former wife Sarah Ferguson, after emails attributed to her appeared in the files.
Last week, Andrew was moved earlier than expected from Royal Lodge in Windsor to the King’s private Sandringham estate. In October 2025, following an earlier wave of Epstein-related revelations, he was stripped of his remaining royal titles.
Andrew has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. Being named in the Epstein files does not, in itself, amount to evidence of misconduct.
With inputs from BBC
11 days ago
Andrew and Epstein allegedly sought sexual acts from dancers, legal letter says
A recently released legal letter claims that Prince Andrew, also known as Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, and the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein asked an exotic dancer to perform sexual acts at Epstein’s Florida residence.
The letter states that the dancer had been promised $10,000 to perform at the 2006 event but received only $2,000. Her lawyers said she was “treated like a prostitute” and had agreed to maintain confidentiality about the encounter in exchange for $250,000.
According to the document, the dancer and other women from Rachel’s Strip Club in West Palm Beach were transported to Epstein’s home. There, she was introduced to Prince Andrew and danced in minimal attire. The letter claims that both Epstein and Andrew then requested a threesome, which she refused, but she alleges they pressured her to engage in sexual activity.
The dancer was later invited to travel with Epstein and Andrew to the Virgin Islands, which she declined. The letter also notes that other women present at the event appeared to be very young, some as young as 14.
Prince Andrew has consistently denied any wrongdoing. He previously reached a financial settlement with Virginia Giuffre in 2022 over her civil claim, in which she alleged that he had sexually abused her as a teenager after being trafficked by Epstein.
The latest allegations come amid increasing pressure on Andrew to provide testimony regarding his relationship with Epstein. The most recent release of Epstein files by the US Department of Justice includes photographs showing Andrew kneeling over a fully clothed woman, which has drawn additional public attention.
UNB could not independently verify the claims, and Prince Andrew has not responded publicly to the specific allegations contained in the letter.
With inputs from BBC
16 days ago