Entertainment
Rose Byrne to be honored as Hasty Pudding Woman of the Year at Harvard
Australian actor Rose Byrne, fresh from winning a Golden Globe and earning an Oscar nomination for her lead role in “If I Had Legs I’d Kick You,” will be honored as the 2026 Woman of the Year by Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals on Friday.
Byrne, known for her roles in films such as “Bridesmaids,” “Neighbors,” “Insidious” and the TV series “Damages,” will join a celebratory parade through the streets of Cambridge, Massachusetts. She will later receive the traditional pudding pot award at a roast ceremony and attend a performance of the troupe’s 177th production, “Salooney Tunes.”
In a review of the film, AP critic Jocelyn Noveck said Byrne was given “a chance to display versatility and grit in surely the toughest dramatic role of her career.”
Sonam Kapoor hosts heartfelt Baby Shower, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Anil Kapoor among guests
Actor Michael Keaton, famed for “Batman,” “Birdman,” “Beetlejuice” and “Spotlight,” was named the 2026 Man of the Year and received his pudding pot on Feb. 6.
“We are thrilled to honor Rose Byrne as our Woman of the Year,” Hasty Pudding Theatricals President Daisy Nussbaum said in a statement, noting that her recent Golden Globe win and Oscar nomination made the recognition fitting.
The Hasty Pudding Theatricals is the oldest theatrical organization in the United States and among the oldest globally. Since 1951, it has presented the annual award to leading actresses including Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Scarlett Johansson and Annette Bening. Last year’s recipient was “Wicked” star Cynthia Erivo.
Byrne has also appeared in “Juliet, Naked,” “Get Him to the Greek” and “28 Weeks Later.” Her stage work includes productions at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, and she is set to star opposite Kelli O’Hara in the Broadway revival of “Fallen Angels” beginning in March.
Ireland introduces world’s first permanent basic income scheme for artists
8 days ago
Music rights of "Dhurandhar 2" shift from Saregama to T-Series
Music rights for Dhurandhar: The Revenge, the upcoming sequel starring Ranveer Singh, have been acquired by T-Series, marking a shift from Saregama, which handled the soundtrack of the first film.
Directed by Aditya Dhar, Dhurandhar 2 is scheduled for theatrical release on March 19, 2026. The makers on Tuesday unveiled the film’s first poster, confirming T-Series as the official music label for the sequel. Industry insiders say the soundtrack is expected to be a major commercial success.
“It’s a massive, chart-topping album, and the response from those who have heard it so far has been extremely positive,” a source close to the project told The Hollywood Reporter India. Another source added that the album will once again feature a wide range of songs, maintaining the genre diversity of the first film while expanding its overall scale.
“Bhool Bhulaiyaa 3” team wanted Arijit not Sonu Nigam": Mallik
In addition to the music deal, JioHotstar has secured the digital streaming rights for the film, reportedly outbidding Netflix. According to sources quoted by India Today, the sequel has generated strong pre-release buzz and has already been labelled a potential blockbuster by trade analysts.
The film sees Ranveer Singh in the role of Hamza Ali Mazhari, an Indian intelligence operative who has entrenched himself in Pakistan’s underworld after eliminating dreaded gangster Rehman Dakait. However, his rise draws the attention of Major Iqbal, a shrewd and ruthless ISI strategist known as Bade Sahab, setting the stage for a high-stakes confrontation.
Dhurandhar 2 features an ensemble cast including R Madhavan, Sanjay Dutt, Arjun Rampal and Sara Arjun. It is the second installment in a planned two-part franchise centred on espionage, terrorism and intense action. #With inputs from NDTV
17 days ago
“Bhool Bhulaiyaa 3” team wanted Arijit not Sonu Nigam": Mallik
Composer Amaal Mallik opened up about the hurdles he faced to bring Sonu Nigam on board for the reprised song “Mere Dholna 3.0” from Bhool Bhulaiyaa 3, citing restrictive practices in the Hindi music industry.
In a conversation with Pinkvilla, Amaal said composers often lack freedom to choose singers and may be replaced if their choices conflict with production or label decisions. He recalled how Sonu Nigam, despite being a legendary singer, had to “prove” himself before being confirmed for the track.
“They weren’t sure about someone like Sonu Nigam. Yet he finished the toughest song I’ve recomposed in just 45 minutes,” Amaal said, adding that the final sargam at the song’s end is extremely challenging.
Grammys fuel celebrity pushback against Trump’s immigration drive
Amaal also highlighted the industry’s arbitrary decisions, noting that teams frequently suggest popular singers like Arijit Singh or Vishal Mishra over classical talents. He said Sonu Nigam was the only singer capable of delivering the classical depth he wanted.
The composer further revealed the financial imbalance in the industry, citing his party hit “Sooraj Dooba Hain,” which earned Rs 60–70 crore for the label, while he only received minimal publishing rights.
#With inputs from NDTV
18 days ago
Arijit Singh announces retirement from playback singing
Popular singer Arijit Singh has announced that he is stepping away from playback singing, a move that has surprised music lovers.
In an emotional post shared on Instagram, the acclaimed vocalist thanked his listeners for their support over the years and said he would not take on any new assignments as a playback singer. He described his career as a “wonderful journey” and said he had decided to call it off.
American climber Alex Honnold scales Taipei 101 without ropes
The announcement triggered an outpouring of reactions from fans on social media, with many expressing disbelief and sadness. Some users hoped the account had been hacked, while others said Bollywood music would feel incomplete without his voice.
Arijit Singh is known for lending his voice to several of Hindi cinema’s most popular songs. His breakthrough came with Tum Hi Ho from Aashiqui 2. Other widely loved tracks include Channa Mereya from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Phir Bhi Tumko Chaahunga from Half Girlfriend and Hawayein from Jab Harry Met Sejal.
Over his career, Singh has won two National Film Awards and was awarded the Padma Shri in 2025.
He did not, however, explain the reasons behind his decision or share any details about his future plans.
#With inputs from NDTV
24 days ago
‘Snow White’ and ‘War of the Worlds’ lead Razzie nominations
The Golden Raspberry Awards, known as the Razzies, have announced their 2026 nominations, spotlighting films and performances judged as the year’s worst, a day before the Oscar nominations.
Disney’s live-action Snow White and the science fiction remake War of the Worlds led the list with six nominations each, including worst picture, worst director, worst screenplay and worst remake, according to reports.
Snow White also drew nominations linked to performances by Rachel Zegler and Gal Gadot, while its computer-generated dwarf characters were also singled out in categories such as worst supporting actor and worst screen combo.
War of the Worlds, inspired by HG Wells’ classic novel, also received major-category nods, including worst actor and worst screen combo, the reports said.
Other films mentioned among this year’s nominees include Hurry Up Tomorrow, Star Trek: Section 31 and Netflix’s The Electric State, which features Millie Bobby Brown.
The 46th Razzie Awards results are set to be announced on March 14, one day before the Oscars ceremony, with winners chosen by more than 1,100 members of the Golden Raspberry Foundation.
With inputs from NDTV
30 days ago
Stephen Graham briefly loses Golden Globe trophy during rushed flight
British actor Stephen Graham faced a brief scare after he was separated from his Golden Globe trophy while rushing to catch a flight just a day after winning the prestigious award.
Graham, who won the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Limited Series or Television Film for his role in Adolescence, said his packed travel schedule led to the mix-up. He had to fly from Los Angeles to Madrid the morning after the ceremony to report for filming.
Speaking to a UK radio show, Graham said he was rushed through the airport and driven directly to the aircraft, leaving him worried that his luggage would not make it onto the plane. Later, he learned that his suitcase, which contained his clothes and the Golden Globe trophy, had been left behind in Atlanta.
The actor clarified that he did not personally misplace the award, but that it was inside the delayed suitcase.
Thankfully, the missing bag was located and delivered to him two days later, bringing the stressful episode to a happy end.
Graham also won an Emmy last year in the same category for Adolescence, a series about a father whose life is turned upside down after his teenage son commits a serious crime.
With inputs from NDTV
1 month ago
Netflix shifts $72 billion Warner Bros Discovery deal to all-cash
Netflix has revised its $72 billion acquisition of Warner Bros. Discovery into an all-cash transaction, streamlining the deal and providing greater certainty for Warner Bros. shareholders.
The streaming giant initially proposed a combined cash-and-stock offer, valuing Warner Bros. shares at $27.75 each, with a total enterprise value of $82.7 billion including debt. Under the amended all-cash structure, the per-share value remains unchanged at $27.75, while Warner Bros. stockholders will also receive additional value through shares of Discovery Global following its separation from Warner Bros.
Both companies’ boards have approved the revised all-cash deal, which is expected to simplify the transaction process and accelerate the timeline for a shareholder vote.
With inputs from NDTV
1 month ago
James Cameron shuts down Titanic raft debate, says Jack could not have survived
Legendary filmmaker James Cameron has once again addressed the long-running debate over the ending of Titanic, saying Leonardo DiCaprio’s character Jack Dawson could not have survived by sharing the floating raft with Rose.
Speaking on The Hollywood Reporter’s Awards Chatter podcast, Cameron said he was tired of being asked whether Jack could have lived if he had climbed onto the raft with Rose.
“Don’t ask me about the raft, people,” Cameron, 71, was quoted as saying by People.
The director, who won three Academy Awards in 1997 for writing, directing and producing Titanic, said the question has already been examined scientifically. He revealed that experiments were carried out to determine whether Jack could have survived the freezing Atlantic waters.
Cameron said survival would have required highly specialised knowledge that did not exist at the time of the Titanic disaster in 1912.
“If Jack somehow was an expert in hypothermia and somehow knew what science now knows back in 1912, it is theoretically possible, with a lot of luck, that he might have survived,” he said. “But the conditions were not met. There’s no way.”
Cameron recently became the first director to deliver four films that crossed the 1 billion dollar mark at the global box office. Alongside Titanic, his Avatar franchise has also enjoyed massive commercial success.
With inputs from NDTV
1 month ago
Akshay Kumar’s escort vehicle meets with accident in Mumbai
A security vehicle escorting Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar was involved in a road accident in Mumbai on Monday evening (January 19, 2026) while the actor and his wife Twinkle Khanna were returning home from the airport.
According to preliminary information, a car hit an auto-rickshaw from behind, causing the three-wheeler to overturn and crash into Akshay Kumar’s escort vehicle. The impact led to the security car toppling onto its right side on the road.
Read more: Race 4 casting update: Akshaye Khanna not part of new film
Police and emergency officials reached the spot shortly after the incident and brought the situation under control. No serious injuries were reported.
Videos circulating on social media showed the escort vehicle lying on its side, while the auto-rickshaw appeared badly damaged.
Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna were travelling back to their Juhu residence after returning from abroad, where they had marked a personal milestone. The couple recently celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary.
Further details about the accident were awaited.
Read more: James Cameron shuts down Titanic raft debate, says Jack could not have survived
With inputs from NDTV
1 month ago
HBO’s ‘A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms’ delights fans
HBO’s new Game of Thrones prequel, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, has been praised for its humour, action, and engaging storytelling, offering a fresh take on Westeros.
The six-episode series follows Ser Duncan, an inexperienced knight, and his clever squire, Egg, as they journey to a tournament at Ashford Meadow. The story focuses on their adventures and relationship, blending light-hearted comedy with thrilling battles.
Unlike previous shows, the prequel features a single narrative thread, less CGI, and short episodes averaging 35 minutes. It also highlights the lives of common people rather than the nobility.
Critics have praised the chemistry between the leads, Peter Claffey as Ser Duncan and Dexter Sol Ansell as Egg, calling it “extraordinary.” The show mixes physical comedy, dry humour, and dramatic fight sequences, making it accessible even to viewers unfamiliar with the Game of Thrones universe.
The series debuts on HBO and HBO Max in the U.S. on Jan 18, and on Sky Atlantic and NOW on Jan 19, with weekly episodes. Season 2 is already in production.
With inputs from BBC
1 month ago